PTFE is an abbreviation for polytetrafluoroethene which is a polymer made from the monomer tetrafluoroethene (CF2CF2). It is a thermosetting plastic with a high melting point that is used to produce ‘non-stick’ surfaces on pans and to coat bearings amongst other things.
PTFE greases are high performance, specialist greases with PTFE solids.
They are highly specialised and have:-
Our PTFE sprays include IKV-FILMSEC 1010, IKV-FILMSEC 1035-60, IKV TRIBOFOOD EXTREME TF SPRAY & IKV TRIBOFOOD PTFE DRY FILM SPRAY.
Our IKV TRIBOFOOD EXTREME TF SPRAY is a special multi-purpose synthetic fluid in spray form & contains PTFE.It is ideal for use in the food processing industry and has NSF H1 Certification for incidental food contact. It contains micron-size PTFE to provide superior lubricating capacity and to reduce the friction between contact surfaces. It is for use on lubrication points requiring a clean, white, odourless lubricant, prevents corrosion and can be used in wet environments.
It is 100% synthetic and can be used in operating temperatures from -45°C to 200°C. It also has excellent di-electric properties and is considerably more efficient than conventional products.
IKV-FILMSEC 1010 is a dispersion of PTFE (tetrafluoroethylene telomers) in isopropyl alcohol. After evaporation of the solvent, it remains as a white and waxy lubricant, which with its high content in fluorine, exhibits the following properties:
– Outstanding lubricity
– Excellent thermal stability
– A high degree of chemical inertness
– Non flammability
– Excellent nonstick and separation qualities
– Reduces the friction coefficient of the substrate
To obtain a stronger adhesion of the coating to its substrate, it is ideal to oven bake the treated part for 5 to10 minutes at 305 to 310 °C.
IKV- FILMSEC 1010 may be applied pure or diluted, depending on the desired effect. The product is also available in aerosol form.
Typical applications include:
– Release of plastics and rubber parts
– Sizing of sintered metal parts
– Dry film lubrication
– Metal working (extrusion, rolling, cutting)
– Additive in waxes and polishes for skis, auto bodies, and boat hulls
– Masking (protecting surfaces) for paint or varnish application
– Additive for elastomers and paints.
IKV-FILMSEC 1035-60 is an air drying, water based dispersion of soft, waxy particles of low molecular weight, low friction PTFE that have been specifically developed for their excellent lubricity and release properties.
This high performance dry film lubricant offers an alternative to traditional lubricants in situations where maximum friction reduction or cosmetic appearance is a priority. Easily applied, the almost clear coloured film goes on cleanly without smearing or migrating and adheres well to most material substrates. After evaporation of the carrier (water), a dry film, waxy lubricant coating is left which due to its high fluorine content, has the following properties:
• Excellent lubrication
• Low coefficient of friction
• Non stick properties
• Thermal stability
• Chemically inert
IKV-FILMSEC 1035-60 can be used either as supplied or diluted further according to the required coating thickness and the application. Spraying, wiping or immersion are the preferred application methods for this coating.
Typical applications include :
• Mould release of plastic or rubber components
• Calibration/sizing of sintered metal parts
• Coating for anodised aluminium components
• Dry film lubrication, plastics, metals, rubber…
• Metal forming, extrusion, rolling, cutting
• Protection or masking of parts against adhesion of varnish, resin, paint or other coatings.